Geldards LLP are recruiting for a Solicitor to join the rapidly growing Family team at the Nottingham office.
Geldards Family Team offers a comprehensive bespoke family law service across all offices, covering all areas of family law with particular expertise in medium to high net worth financial cases (including those involving businesses, inherited assets, pensions, farms and family owned or controlled assets/trusts), pre- and post-nuptial agreements, cohabitation and separation agreements, Trusts of Land Act and cohabitation breakdown cases, same sex marriages/civil partnership breakdowns, children disputes and domestic violence as well as cases involving an international element.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years PQE. We are looking for candidates with a strong client focus and proven organisation skills who will take a pragmatic approach to their cases.
- Acting for family law clients on a wide range of legal issues with a particular emphasis on mid to high net worth financial remedy cases, cohabitation/TOLATA cases and private children cases. No Legal aid.
- Act with honesty and integrity, as stipulated in the SRA Handbook and Code of Conduct.
- Maintaining the level of competence and knowledge to practice efficiently by keeping abreast with changes and developments in the law.
- Identifying, interpreting and applying the relevant legal principles.
- Analysing problems, highlighting areas of risk and thinking critically to resolve issues.
- Undertaking legal research when required.
- Maintaining continued professional development, attending training courses were necessary.
- Dealing promptly with correspondence and client enquiries.
- Training Junior Fee Earners.
- Recording for charged hours of work.
- Cost effective handling of matters.